Terms and Conditions for Registration
Welcome to the registration of YouthInfo India (“us”, “we”) portal. You may access most of the areas of our portal without registering your details with us. However, the contest is only open to you if you register.
By agreeing to the Terms and conditions, you agree to the following terms.
- By registering here and creating your “Profile”, you can access the contest section and win prizes.
- The information you provide in the Registration page must be complete and accurate.
- Registered users have to be citizens of India between the ages of 10 to 24 years old.
- You agree that you will not pass yourself off as someone else or create multiple, false accounts.
- By agreeing to the terms and conditions, the registered user agrees to be contacted by IVR or SMS by UNFPA. IVR – short for Interactive Voice Response – is a technology that automates interactions with telephone callers.
- You agree not to maliciously create additional registered user or subscription accounts for the purpose of participating to the contests; nor do you seek to pass yourself off as another user.
- The information collected in the registration will be used by UNFPA to create a database for Youth and Adolescents and understand their profiles.
- This information will be critical for the Center of Excellence so that UNFPA can effectively organize events and discussions based on the youth and adolescents profiles.
- Should we observe any irregularities and discrepancies related to a user account, we reserve the right to cancel the participation of the user to a contest.
- If you breach these or any of our other terms and conditions, we reserve the right to close your account and cancel your participation in a contest.
3. Data Protection
We are absolutely committed to protecting your privacy. Our policy can be summarized in one sentence: we will not share your information with others without your prior consent. We have also established the following principles:
- We will respect your email privacy. You will not receive unsolicited marketing mail from UNFPA unless you have agreed to this. We may, however, mail you occasionally with information or queries about your registration.
- We will not pass on any individual user details (including your email address) for third party use unless we have your prior consent.
4. Contact you
- You agree that UNFPA can contact you by email to share information about ongoing contest or events.
- You agree that UNFPA may call you to conduct surveys an dthat this will not be considered as a breach of privacy.
- If you are below 15 years, we will contact you on the alternate number you have provided in the registration form (guardian’s number) to conduct any adolescent related survey.
- The user who participates in a contest agrees to all the terms and conditions of the specific contest.
- Depending on the nature of the contest, the winner will be either selected by a committee of jury or will be randomly selected.
- The user participating in a contest should not be an employee of UNFPA or TISS, or should not be closely related to anyone working for the two mentioned organizations.
- These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the website after it has been posted.